Sunday, May 8, 2011

So Much To Do, So Little Time

Well, we are in the last week of prep work before the house goes on the market.  The closets are purged, the bathrooms are scrubbed and the walls are prepped for a coat of paint.  

Chris and I had second thoughts over the price.  We made the bold move to increase our asking price.  You can always drop the price but you will never be able to ask for more after its been on the market.  I don't know if our realtor is happy about this but with that being said….the worst that can happen is that we drop it later.  

My mother-in-law is here to help a bit which adds to a little of my stress.  She fixates on things like painting a temporary step and yet thinks we shouldn't worry about the fat that the walls are dinged in my bedroom and could use a coat of paint.  

She walked in and went off on me over a curtain we hung to cover our laundry area.  Yet the monster stains on my carpet are trivial.

I assisted my husband in the last bit of power washing that needed to be done to our deck.   It felt good to get my aggression out on the grime.

My Mother's Day has been spent cleaning and reading.  Yelling at my daughter to "PLEASE CLEAN YOUR ROOM!"

The pod should leave in a day or two.  Friday the pictures are taken and Monday a sign goes up.  Fingers crossed that I don't lose my mind before that day happens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment