Friday, May 13, 2011

The Sign Goes Up!

Over the last week, we have been in full tilt, preparation mode.  We emptied our closets, rid ourselves of excess furniture.  We covered nail holes and spot painted.  I cleaned and re-cleaned.  
Tuesday, my Northern husband, did the ultimate redneck stump removal technique and lit the stump on fire.  The fire pit was visited and enjoyed by several neighbors and burned well into the next morning.  Now our stump is  a burned out stump, at ground level, but not quite deep enough to be made into a planter.  One or two more times should do the trick, or so I have been told.
Wednesday, I came home to a Pod-less yard.  Chris went into full weed maintenance mode and mowed and weed-eated, so the yard, although not really grass, is still presentable enough for any people taking a view.
After yet another frantic evening of the never ending cleaning, Thursday, Amber the photo lady, showed up at 2:50pm and started snapping pictures and measuring rooms.  
As she was leaving she placed the key-box on the door and said that she would put the sign up in the yard!   10 minutes later the doorbell rang and Amber stated, "I can't get the sign in the yard!"   Oh, the cement we live on.  Did I mention we don't have grass?  After 3 days of rain we can't put a sign into the hardened rock we call our yard.
No worries, Amber!  Chris will fix it up when he gets home.  As she drove into the overcast horizon, I dug the hammer and screw driver out of the CLEAN garage and started pounding holes into the ground.  GOD ALMIGHTY, I WILL GET THAT SIGN INTO THE GROUND!!!!!   
I did finally get the sign to at least stand slightly upright and when Chris arrived home he was able to finish it properly.  And here it stands!


Knowing very well that Saint Joseph would not be able to be put into the ground near the sign….I wasn't digging THAT hole, I placed him under a bush near the house, head down, face out.  I recited my little prayer and hoped that my heathen self would not be ignored.   
Chris is convinced a non-neighbor slowed down in front of the house to SEE!  I think he's high.  I mean, we live in a neighborhood with only one way in and out.  No one wanders aimlessly through.  
Chris and I came up with a pretty reasonable way to keep the dogs cordoned out of the main house but still are able to go outside.   AND, after cleaning, yet again, we left the house this morning and waited.
BTW: We did have the house put on the market for a bit more than we originally planned.  I don't think our realtor is happy about that but it's easier to drop the price than to raise it.
At 3:30pm I checked the MLS.  YAY!!!  It's there!  The pictures look good and I am an official seller.  
So…..do you want to buy a house?

No comments:

Post a Comment