Saturday, May 21, 2011

Insomnia and Our First Viewing!

Through my adulthood I have been plagued with intermittent insomnia.   It rears it's ugly head in times of stress.  I find myself waking up at some hour between 1-4am and then proceed to stare at the ceiling and worry about something that I have no control over at that ungodly hour.
Money has always been my go to worry.  I toss, turn and usually end up doing online banking or reading or what not….I fall asleep a short time before my alarm goes off and then I'm off.   It usually lasts a night or two and then I find myself back into my sleep routine.

Until now….

I have spent the last several weeks tossing and turning.  I will struggle with sleep for several days and then get a decent night in to start the process all over again.  The house, my father's health, money, the end of the school year, work all have been seeping into my nocturnal hours.  

I tried Melatonin for the first time this week and had 2 non-sequential, restful nights.  I am fearful to take meds if I can't go to sleep early enough and with the children having evening activities and such, I have had several late nights.   

After a fairly stressful week which included working 6 days straight and several activities in the evening I came home Friday spent.   I had an evening scheduled to play Bunco with the girls but I just could not muster the energy to go.  

My girlfriends prodded and texted me to PLEASE show up but I begged them off.  I lazed on the bed willing myself to sleep but I appeared just too DAMNED exhausted to pull it off.  
At 7:40pm the phone rang.  Chris looked at me.  "Central showing?" he read from the caller ID.   ANSWER IT!!!!!

Could we have a viewing from 8:15-9:15?  Sure.  
Chaos then ensued…..throwing things together.  Shutting drawers.  Leashing dogs and straightening up the house that seemed to fall apart in the 3 hours after I walked in the door.

I looked a dream in my sweatpants and t-shirt.  We hit Starbucks (not for me) and wandered through Petco with the dogs before heading back in the neighborhood to peek.

What do we see?  A sheriff's deputy parked on a street in the front of the neighborhood.   Nice.  I'm sure our potential buyer found that a positive attribute to the neighborhood.  We drove about for 20 more minutes until we assumed the PB's (potential buyers) were long gone.   

Our neighbors spoke to someone checking out the house.  They appeared interested and were looking forward to peaking at the house.   No information has been forwarded to us.

I finally fell into bed about 10pm.  I woke at 3:45 but was able to manage to get myself back to sleep.

Today I have painted and cleaned and Chris caulked the shit out of the bathroom.  Oh yeah….the cartridge came in the mail yesterday so our shower is fixed too.    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment