Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Unending Clean

How is it that I clean the house and destruction follows in my path?  I clean and clean and clean and yet….my house is a still mess?  I feel almost like pig pen….dust surrounds me.

I am feeling overwhelmed.  If I can't keep my house clean for over an hour how in the hell will I keep it clean for days, months at a time.  The thought is a bit daunting.

My children are starting to hear the mantra drilled into their heads.  "Is that where that belongs?"  "Scrape, rinse, place into the dishwasher".  "CLEAN YOUR ROOM!"  I then walk into my room… God, help me.

The carpets we cleaned are slowly wicking larger, darker spots into view.  The kitchen floor is grungy with puppy prints.  The air is masked with perfumed oils.  The brand new hand towel in the half bath is covered in chocolate shmears.   OH THE HUMANITY!

I would kill you for a maid.  Really.  Given the choice it would be the maid over you any day.   *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Karen, you have inspired me. I have just this moment (at work) tied up two bunches of photocopy paper boxes, three to a bundle, to take home this weekend to start my own clean-up and storage. This is my first condo, so the whole "sell this and buy that thing" scares the bejeebers out of me.

    Oh, and, mmmmmmm, chocolate shmears!!! Mere

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! I'm glad you appreciate the shear.

    ReplyDelete