Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Moving boxes and anxiety

We are one week away from our closing date.

Chris and I have been slowly transferring utilities and packing boxes.  We have been sending in the last few items for our mortgage and have scheduled the moving van, reserved a hotel room and reserved 2 spots at the puppy motel.  

Unfortunately, not all is moving smoothly.

Our buyers are having issues with finalizing their mortgage.  

We have had to re-sign for due diligence twice.  The buying agent states that all is fine and not to worry.  Unfortunately, we are.   I guess that due to "cultural issues", the bank is having a hard time verifying credit.  I don't like to hear this 1 week before closing.  It does not increase my confidence!!!  Supposedly, the person handling their loan left the bank within the last week.  A new loan officer is now on the job and he seems to be working at his own pace.  Meanwhile, our sellers are moved out and on their way to Pennsylvania.


As I am typing away I noticed a email alert.  My MORTGAGE IS FINALIZED!!!!   WOOOhOOOOO!!!     I have a mortgage for my new house!!!!!! Now all we have to do is get our buyers one!!!!

So….say a little prayer that our buyers mortgage goes through.  I would hate to be sitting in my old empty house with no power or water come next Tuesday night.  

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed that their new loan officer gets his act together. Good luck with the move! Can't wait to see the pics of your new home with your stuff in it!

    ReplyDelete