Tuesday, September 27, 2011

At a Loss

So the big move came.  We knew that there were issues.  Supposedly our buyers loan was taking a bit of time to come through.  The person in charge of their loan left and the new person was trying to get things put together in a very short period of time.
Our agent diligently called and emailed to get some idea of what was going on.   We scheduled our change of service, set the move date and off we went.

Yesterday, the movers came and cleared out our house.  When the house was at it's 90% we heard that there would be a 50/50 chance that the loan would NOT go through.  Well, it was denied.
Our house is back away, I am in a hotel and in several hours the power, etc will be shut off.

I cried, I curled up in my fetal position and just wondered "What do I do next?"

At 5:30pm we received a call saying that the buyers still have options (but what of ours?) and that if they can get them to agree to a few things, the loan "may" go through.

So now we wait.  If the contingent plan goes through, we can "rent" our new house, move in and keep moving forward.  If not, I have to move BACK into my old house and start over.   I so don't want to start over.

Please keep the positive thoughts headed this way.  I really, really need it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Karen. I am so sorry. What a nightmare. Did you already get a loan for the new house? Can you sign the papers and "walk away" from your other house? Financial people are actually RECOMMENDING that to some people. You won't have to worry about getting a loan if you have already closed on the new house.
    Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much for it all being a done deal by the time you get to the closing - i am thinking of you and sending as many positive vibrations as i can muster....

    ReplyDelete