Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happiness, Sadness and Everything in Between

84 days.

That is the time my house has been on the market.

On Saturday, a hispanic couple showed up at my front door.  The woman was pregnant and asked most of the questions.  She introduced herself as someone who had viewed my house *warning*.
She stated her agent wanted her to ask a few questions about the house *warning*.

Woman: We heard you were dropping your price, is that true?

Me: Uh….no.
W: Oh, I have the house confused.  Ignore that I said that.
M: Uh…o.k?
W: Do you pay a lot in electric?  We don't want to pay a lot in electric.
M: I'm on an EPP.  I pay the same amount every month.
W: Do you pay $200?  We don't want to pay $200.
M: I don't pay $200.  But it's equal payments….they average it out.  I don't think we pay that much.
W: Will you pay closing costs?
M: Um…that's what negotiations are for.  Our agents should be dealing with this.
W: Will you make any repairs to the house?
M: That's something we need to negotiate with the agents.
W: Will you leave the refrigerator?
M: That's part of the negotiations.
She then spoke to her husband in spanish and they left.  I immediately called my agent. *DANGER WILL ROBINSON*
What we have determined is the woman is the most fluent in English.  This includes the agent!

The offer came as such:
Drop the price $5K and pay 3K in closing.
No Due Deligence
$499 for a home warranty.
Counter:  Price dropped 3K and pay 3K
Due Diligence of $250 and 350 for Home warranty
2nd offer:
Drop 5K and pay 2K closing.  Due diligence and home warranty as we asked.
Counter : drop 5, pay 1 due diligence and NO HOME WARRANTY
This was accepted with us making any home repairs as found NECESSARY and within reason by a licensed home inspector.

PHEW!
Papers  are signed.  YAY!

I had mixed emotions.  I have been in my house 16 years.  Both children were born here.  It's a bittersweet feeling.
Panic ensued….Am I going to be able to afford what I want and most importantly NEED?  Oh yeah…BTW: Closing is scheduled for September 27!!!!!!!!

To get prequalified I need papers.  I need 2009 and 2010 tax returns.   I found tax returns from 1994 to 2009.  Hello? Where are my 2010 returns?  My fear is that they are PACKED IN THE POD!!!  Remember that thing?

Lord help me.

I still need prayers lifted up for me.  I REALLY appreciate all of your support!

Holy Sh*t.  I sold my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment