Friday, June 17, 2011

Tension and Turmoil!

I have not been overly concerned that my house has not shown this week.  The children are home for the week, alone, and they are not necessarily maintaining Mommy's standard of clean.  So I have been less than worried....


....until now.

I have not really been house hunting.  I have a couple homes I have been looking at online and as they come and go, I just keep my eyes open. 

Several of my friends have been gently pushing me (ok, demanding) to purchase a house in their neighborhood.  They keep sending me links to houses and saying "Come on, Karen, you want to live here!  We can hang at the pool!!  etc. etc. etc.

My friend Carol has been the ring leader and sends me some inappropriately expensive homes.   Especially one.  It started $25,000 over my budget.  She kept saying "But it's worth so much MORE!!!"
I did appease her and actually put it in my "possibilities" folder. 

The price has slowly dropped.....

It is now $5,000 over budget.... 

It's huge!

In a FABULOUS neighborhood!!!

Excellent SCHOOL DISTRICT!!!

WITH A FIRST FLOOR BEDROOM FOR DAD!!!!!

Oh God, what is a girl to do?   *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. As someone who worries constantly about the aging parents, I'd say the first floor bedroom sells it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus, you can offer lower and they just might accept. If not, I'd still go for it. Interest rates are back down again, so I doubt you'd even notice that pesky 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But don't do anything until your house is under contract, unless you can afford both mortgages and/or get a bridge loan.

    But it sounds wonderful...

    ReplyDelete